RE: [Xen-devel] Making snapshot of logical volumes handling HVM domUcauses OOPS and instability

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-09/msg00286.html

> that lvcreate and udev are hanging while creating a snapshot volume.
> That's the reason I thought it was similar.  (That, and he seems to do
> backups in a similar way that I do:  creates a snapshot, makes a copy
of
> the snapshot [although, he block-attaches the volume to a domU to do
it
> whereas I just use dom0], then removes the snapshot.)

That was me. While it doesn't rule out that the block-attach is causing
the problem, the hang is happening in the lvcreate in my script. My
other theory is that the block-detach is hanging something which means
the subsequent lvcreate can't progress so I see the hang there.

Unfortunately I don't have a machine I can burn to play with this so I
can't test it much, and it breaks the entire Dom0 so it's a bit of a big
deal.

James