Re: [Xen-devel] new to Xen Development

  • To: James Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 11:17:26 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 03:18:01 -0700

There is a book, "The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor" by David
Chrisnall:
 http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780132349710

As I'm sure you've experienced with Linux, books are obsolete by the
time they hit the presses; but it should at least introduce you to the
concepts.

One warning: I believe the book has an "example scheduler".  However:
* As written in the book, it doesn't work (several people have come to
the list for help debugging it)
* Scheduling is a terrible place to dive in.  If it's broken your
machine will often simply not boot; opportunties for nasty race
conditions and deadlock abound.

Or, let us know what you think you might want to try to do, and we can
point you to the appropriate part of the code tree. :-)

 -George