Re: [Xen-devel] Virtualization project idea

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 19:44 +0100, Dhananjay Goel wrote:
> Hi there!
>

> First I'd like to say that XEN plaform is really cool and awesome.
>

> I'm an engineering student and is searching for a feasible project in
> virtualization. I'd like to know if its possible to share USB devices
> (flash drive, hard disk, mouse, keyboards etc) across guests and host
> (VMs). Also, do you have any idea to extend it? Or any innovative idea
> so that we can implement it.

Yes see comments wrt USB pass-through. What about implementing USB over
IP? Possibly via a VNC extension so that remote USB devices can be
attached to a VM. Since VNC provides a terminal with keyboard/mouse/gfx,
why not USB too? I believe vbox has this functionality except using the
RDP protocol.

Gianni