From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge [jeremy@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:19 PM
To: Jun Zhu (Intern)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] A bug in Xenbus driver

 On 08/25/2010 11:57 AM, Jun Zhu (Intern) wrote:
> This bug makes the read_buffer not be cleared most of the time. If the
> xenstore client uses PTHREAD to create a thread to receive reply message, the
> problem will incur. The new thread can not read what it wants to read, since
> the list is not empty.

This still puzzles me.  The bug you found means that
partially-successful reads will not be reported correctly, but
completely successful and completely unsuccessful reads should be OK.
So if you're seeing a problem as a result, it still indicates there's
something wrong with what you're passing to read().