Re: [Xen-devel] pvops and maxmem

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 04:28:13PM +0200, Rafal Wojtczuk wrote:
> Hello,
> Could someone let me know whether anything has changed since
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-06/msg00099.html
> that is, whether there exists any version of pvops kernel that honours the
> "maxmem" domain parameter and thus it can be ballooned above the initially
> assigned memory amount ("memory=" parameter) ?
> If not, is this something to be implemented someday (any ETA?), or are there
> any disadvantages of supporting this feature ?

Yes, it has changed. There is memory hotplug feature under
development. Current fully working version is available at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
repository, xen/memory-hotplug head (Linux Kernel Ver. 2.6.34).
Patch for Linux Kernel Ver. 2.6.32.19 is available at
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-08/msg00871.html
As I know memory hotplug is not working correctly with tmem now.
I am going to change that. Additionally, my goal is to include
memory hotplug support in mainline Linux Kernel.

If you have any questions please drop me a line.

Daniel