Re: [Xen-devel] Xen device model support in QEMU

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Kamala Narasimhan wrote:
> I got the latest qemu repo with xen device model support from -
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/qemu-dm.git
>
> Here are some of the issues I encounter/questions I have -
>
> 1) Passing --enable-xen while running ./configure results in
>
> ERROR
> ERROR: User requested feature xen
> ERROR: configure was not able to find it
> ERROR
>
> Turned out there are some interface version compatibilities between
> qemu from the above repo and everything else from
> staging/xen-unstable.  Tweaking xc_interface_open parameter under "xen
> probe" in the configure file got past this problem.

I have seen this problem too, another thing to be fixed.

> 2) Passing --target-list=xen-dm-softmmu to configure resulted in
> "ERROR: Target 'xen-dm-softmmu' not recognised" error as target_arch2
> is xen and not xen-dm.  Switching to
> --target-list=xen-softmmu got me going.  Perhaps this should be fixed
> in the configure file if the expectation is to pass xen-dm-softmmu.

you are right about this, in any case the target will be dropped
completely next time we send an update of this series.

> 3) When I attempt to build after this point I get all kinds of errors
> due to interface compatibility mentioned in #1 above.  Is there a
> specific version of libxc/libxenstore/libxenctrl etc. and relevant
> headers I should be using with this qemu?  If so, that would be good
> to know as I would rather switch to a compatible interface than go
> about fixing all the resulting build errors.

Anthony is mainly working with xen-unstable so I expect that building
the new qemu against xen-unstable headers and libraries is the safest
option.
If you are having build issues please let us know (keep in mind that
Anthony is on vacation this week so it might take some times to get
all the answers you need).