Re: [Xen-devel] time accounting problem in pvops kernel

On 08/18/2010 12:51 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
  On 08/17/2010 10:29 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Hi,

while experimenting a bit with time.c we found a bug in time
accounting.  Basically, /proc/stat counts idle time twice for PV guests
running a pvops kernel

What version?

I was using the latest RHEL6 snapshot + the 16-patch blkfront series (i.e. without the patch you pointed out).

Upstream and stable kernels contain the changeset "xen:
drop xen_sched_clock in favour of using plain wallclock time" which
should fix a lot of timekeeping/scheduling problems.

I'll try this patch; however, offhand I don't see how it fixes the problem of calling account_idle_ticks twice.

Paolo