Re: [Xen-devel] Linux spin lock enhancement on xen

 On 08/16/2010 06:33 PM, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> In my worst case test scenario, I get about 20-36% improvement when the
> system is two to three times over provisioned.
>
> Please provide any feedback. I would like to submit official patch for
> SCHEDOP_yield_to in xen.

This approach only works for old-style spinlocks.  Ticketlocks also have
the problem of making sure the next vcpu gets scheduled on unlock.

Have you looked at the pv spinlocks I have upstream in the pvops
kernels, which use the (existing) poll hypercall to block the waiting
vcpu until the lock is free?