Re: [Xen-devel] [SPAM] how does hypervisor isolates DomU from Dom0

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 04:29:36PM +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > In case of Xen HVM guests the Xen hypervisor runs in ring -1,
> Can you point me to some section of code to the above ?

Not really. Someone familiar with the code might be able to help..

> > And what do you mean with "then is executed in dom0" ?
> That question was due to some confusion.
> I was discussing about AMD instruction sets for Xen with some one we
> had this confusion so this question came.

Ok.

> > Dom0 is another guest VM, but it has some more privileges
> I am not clear with this Dom0 is another guest ?
> Can you give a link
> specially to the code.

Just run "xm list" and you see Domain-0 in the list.

Or take a look at the boottime messages.. first Xen hypervisor
is started (the lines starting with XEN), and when Xen hypervisor
is started it boots up the first guest VM: dom0 Linux. So you see
dom0 Linux boot messages after Xen boot messages.

-- Pasi