Re: [Xen-devel] questions about the number of pending requests that the host system can detect

 On 08/11/2010 08:42 PM, Yuehai Xu wrote:
However, the result turns out that my assumption is wrong. The number
of pending requests, according to the trace of blktrace, is changing
like this way: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
8 8..., just like a curve.

I am puzzled about this weird result. Can anybody explain what has
happened between domU and dom0 for this result? Does this result make
sense? or I did something wrong to get this result.

If you're using a journalled filesystem in the guest, it will be need to drain the IO queue periodically to control the write ordering. You should also observe barrier writes in the blkfront stream.