Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: missing disk device feature and bugs in error path

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 13:15 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In my guest config file I have this line:
>
> disk = [ 'file:/hvm-guest/win7.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]
>
> While 'xm create' parses this correctly,
> 'xl create' fails in libxl.c line 1474 where it
> calls device_disk_dev_number(). disk->virtpath
> contains "ioemu".

I have a patch fixing the disk device parsing in the pipeline but it
re-implements what was already in xl and doesn't handle this case. I am
not sure how this flag ought to be handled so if Stefano or Ian have
suggestions I can fold that in to my patch.

> device_disk_dev_number() returns -1
> and this results in the error message:
>
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1455:libxl_device_disk_add Invalid or unuspported
> virtual disk identifier ioemu
>
> The follow-up error messages are:
>
> libxl: error: libxl.c:851:libxl_domain_destroy pci shutdown failed for domid 1
> libxl: error: libxl.c:809:libxl_destroy_device_model Couldn't find device
> model's pid: N
> o such file or directory
> libxl: error: libxl.c:863:libxl_domain_destroy libxl_destroy_device_model
> failed for 1
>
> Looks like things are tried to get destroyed even when they are not
> initialized.

PCI one is known, introduced recently by me and fixed in my last
patchset.