Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4 only seeing one keyboard and mouse

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:27:20PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
I have a laptop with a USB keyboard and mouse. If I boot it under a
standard kernel I can use both keyboards, the USB mouse and the touchpad
and this also works under xen 3. However under xen 4 only the USB
keyboard and mouse works, not the laptops own keyboard and touchpad. Does
anyone know what the problem might be?

Are the built-in keyboard/touchpad ps2 or usb?
Does dom0 see all the usb hosts, when using xen4?

The relevant lines in dmesg are (for a non-xen boot)

input: Macintosh mouse button emulation as /devices/virtual/input/input3
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4
input: PS/2 Mouse as /devices/platform/i8042/serio2/input/input5
input: AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint as /devices/platform/i8042/serio2/input/input6

so it looks like ps/2. I haven't noticed any usb devices missing. I have also now checked that the keyboard still doesn't work even if the USB keyboard is unplugged.

        Michael Young