Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) Xen BUG at amd_nonfatal.c:165 on a new amd g34 board

Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > I think the mce boot parameter should, when disabled, cause the MCE feature
> > bits to be removed from Xen's copy of CPUID feature flags. That would easily
> > disable all MCE logic throughout Xen.
>
> Actually I think the attached patch should work, in conjunction with
> specifying no-mce (4.0/unstable) or nomce (3.4) as a Xen boot parameter. Let
> me know if it works okay for you.
>
> I've applied the patch to xen-unstable as c/s 21360.

This still works swimmingly on xen 3.4... but I'm starting to
flirt with xen 4.0/pvops  and while it looks like your patch is in there,
nomce, no-mce, mce=off and mce=no  all appear to do nothing, and my box
reboots in the same place it did before:

(XEN) Panic on CPU 0:
(XEN) Xen BUG at amd_nonfatal.c:162