Re: [Xen-devel] Question: why pvops seldom build modules drivers

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 07:10:47PM +0800, Liu, Jinsong wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Recently I install pvops/xen at a new platform,
> However, I meet troubles, it need manually enable&install some driver like
> Lsi scsi controller (to find root device which is a SAS disk connect to Lsi
> controller) & Intel 82576 nic to access network.
> I check pvops .config, it seldom build module driver.
> Just curious why pvops does so? it make trouble when install pvops at various
> platform ..., while at native linux it config most device driver as module.

Take a look at my example .config files mentioned on troubleshooting section on:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

For example:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/config-2.6.32.15-pvops-dom0-xen-stable-x86_64

That's (originally) based on Fedora 11/12 default kernel .config, so it has
most stuff as modules..

-- Pasi