Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 network problem

Hello,

You should specify the mac address within the domain configuration in the domain 0:

vif = [ "...,mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" ]
(of course, replace xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx with the correct mac address)

With this option, XEN does no longer choose a random hardware address.

Regards,
Felix
Host OS:         CentOS 5.5
Xen version:    3.4.2

Compiling succeeded, everything seems to be normal.

But, when the dom0 start up, it says "Device eth0 has different MAC address than expacted, ignoring."

I've searched for the solution, someone suggests to remove the line "HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" from /etc/sysconfig/networkscript/ifcfg-eth0, but after I did that, eth0 still cannot start up, "Bringing up interface eth0:    e1000e device eth0 does not semm to be present, delaying initialization."

Could anyone help?

Thanks!