Re: [Xen-devel] user-land tool for memory paging and memory sharing

<AANLkTikTMxl8PncfXcOGKBphVvGW6_lNhdP1M_qPUsjX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Patrick Colp
<pjcolp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any formal documentation on either of these things.
>
> I would imagine that there are still some issues with both sharing and
> paging that may not make it suitable for enterprise use. Of course, if
> anybody would like to stress test them in "real-world" scenarios and
> report any problems encountered (or patches), that would be greatly
> appreciated. Certainly with the upcoming changes to the mem-event
> interface, there are likely to be new bugs/issues introduced as well,
> so it would seem reasonable to not want to rely too much on either
> feature until that is a bit more solidified.

Thanks Patric. I am interested in testing these features and I was looking for
some documentation to get me started here. Is there a known list of
problems/shortcomings in the code as it stands today. Is this feature only for
HVM guests? In your tests, what levels of memory over-commitment were you able
to achieve.

Regards,

K. Y