[Xen-devel] Re: One question to p2m type

Hi,

At 10:57 +0100 on 28 Jun (1277722666), Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> As you reminded before, in PAE environment, p2m type can only hold 8
> types in total, that means we should not have > p2m_grant_map_ro in
> p2m table.
>
> However, I didn't find any code to make sure this. For example, I
> didn't find any code to make sure mem_paging_domctl can't execut in
> PAE environment. Is it because p2m_change_type to >8 type will only
> impact guet itself, and we don't need to care for it?

No, that looks like an oversight.  All that memory-event code relies on
having enough p2m types available and probably shouldn't even be
compiled on PAE Xen.  It's certainly not expected to fail gracefully.
I'll knock up a patch.

Thanks,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, XenServer Engineering