Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch RFC] ttm: nouveau accelerated on Xen pv-ops kernel

On 06/17/10 19:51, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>>> And my X log ends abruptly after this line:
>>> (II) NOUVEAU(0): Opened GPU Channel 1
>>

>> So, I've spent the last two weeks trying to get this to work.
>>
> ..
>> other ones too (hadn't tested yet). However, I am still failing at the same
>> spot as Michael: the dreaded Opened GPU Channel 1...
>
> Fixed! Plus I've tested it on:
>
> GeForce 1 256
> GeForce 3 NV20
> GeForce 4 Ti 4200
> GeForce 8600 GT
> ICH5 82865G
> ICH7 82G33/G31G
> ICH8 82Q963/Q965
> Matrox G450
> Radeon ES1000
> Radeon HD 3200
> Radeon R100 QD (7200)
> Radeon RV100QY (7000)
> Radeon RV710 [Radeon HD 4350]
> RIVA TNT2 Pro
>
> Details on: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM
> There are two bugs that are creeping up. One of the can be disabled by
> 'nopat' on the command line. The other, well the other is only seen
> during shutdown.
>

>> Anyhow.. if you want the patches:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git devel/kms-fixes
>
> I rebased the branch and it is now devel/kms.fixes-0.3

Which stable branch have you rebased it for (.31, .32, .33?)?

Have you tested it with some composting Window Manager (e.g. in KDE or
Gnome with enables desktop effects)?

Have you also tested it with Xorg 1.8.0? This is now default in F13, and
it used new nouveau driver interface 0.16 (previous Xorgs exprected
version 0.15).

Finally, have you tested S3 sleep? (Has anybody actually got pvops0 .31
or .32 support S3 sleep?).

Thanks,
joanna.