Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen-unstable save error

On 06/21/2010 04:06 PM, Keir Fraser wrote:
On 21/06/2010 15:02, "Michal Novotny"<minovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Ok Keir, but what I don't understand is why there's nothing in
`/local/domain/%d/device/suspend/event-channel`. So this is OK?
Yes that's okay. The guest writes that location only If it supports the new
event-channel notification method for suspend.

For the restore functionality:

# ls -ahl rhel5-32fv.sav
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 53M Jun 21  2010 rhel5-32fv.sav
Okay, yeah, if the guest really has 1G of memory allocated to it at the time
of the save, then something has gone wrong on the save side. But no errors
were apparent on the save side, apart from that event-channel port warning
which is benign? That's weird.

  -- Keir

Exactly Keir. Nothing wrong there except the event-channel port missing warning. So this is something strange I guess. Well, I'll try to investigate this further then.

Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat