[Xen-devel] Latest pvops dom0 kernel and missing /dev/xen/evtchn, xenstored and xend not starting

Hello,

I know there has been some discussion about this already,
but I just noticed it myself when I upgraded my testbox.

So, I have Xen 4.0.0, and the latest xen/stable-2.6.32.x dom0 kernel, ie.
2.6.32.15.

On system startup I notice xenstored and xend fail to start.
I look around and notice /dev/xen/ is empty.

I do "rmmod xen-evtchn" and "modprobe xen-evtchn" and then I have:

# ls -la /dev/xen
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     60 Jun 19 15:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 20 root root   4580 Jun 19 15:20 ..
crw-rw----  1 root root 10, 58 Jun 19 15:22 evtchn

Based on some earlier emails it has wrong major/minor?

Also "modprobe xen-gntdev" gives this:

# ls -la /dev/xen
total 0
0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 10, 58 Jun 19 15:22 evtchn
0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 10, 57 Jun 19 15:25 gntdev

So what's the actual problem here? I guess something got changed in the kernel,
and now xen tools/scripts should create the devnodes with a different
major/minor?

Is the correct fix to upgrade Xen to 4.0.1-rcX ?

I just want to get this correct so I can update the wiki pages..
it seems many people hit this problem.

Thanks!

-- Pasi