[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Video driver update

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 06:35:51AM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 06/17/2010 04:20 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> >>I would think this would not work.. but you never know. Did you run the
> >>package? Did it install/compile the modules? Did it change your Xorg
> >>file? Did you crank up the verbosity of the kernel and Xen to see what
> >>is happening.
> >>
> >>Please do look at the PVOPS Wiki (just google for it) for how to set
> >>those verbosity functions.
> >>

> >As far as I know, the nvidia installer explicitly tests for Xen and does
> >nothing/fails if present.
>
> This can be handled by setting the shell variable
>
> IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=1
>
> before starting the installer.

I guess this is as any good place to also point out that there is an
alternative. You can use the nouveau driver (but it does not have yet 3D
support), which works with the Xen PVOPS kernel. Better yet, Kernel
Mode Setting works as well!

For details: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM

and if you want to try out the 2.6.34 nouveau driver on a Xen PVOPS
kernel, get it from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git branch
devel/next.drm