RE: [Xen-devel] xend doesn't start with xen-staging tip (on ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> IMHO, xend shouldn't change.  If we are eventually moving
> to xl anyway, breaking xend seems like unnecessary pain.

Agreed, but what happens in the user has both installed?
Trying to start xenstored twice seemed a bad choice, using a global
variable to decide which toolstack you want (my first attempt) was pretty
ugly, so we decided to move the common initializations in a separate
file.