Re: AW: [Xen-devel] VHD BUG in xen4.0 when install windows2008

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 23:01 -0400, yingbin wang wrote:
> I know what you mean. now I know the patchs are in
> /heads/xen/dom0/backend/blktap2.
> do I need to get patchs from other places? or only in
> /heads/xen/dom0/backend/blktap2?

Try those first. *Should* work okay [, but didn't get a lot of testing.]
There are a couple more kernel updates coming, which should further
improve interfacing with older installations.

> ps:
> you say present xen-unstable.hg should be not as unstable as it says it is.
> I don't know there is a head about blktap2 in xen.git before, so it
> makes me think the patch is in xen-unstable.hg.

No, the changes you were after are only in the kernel. The userspace
part, including tapdisk, didn't change much since then.

Daniel