Re: [Xen-devel] New feature support - xl or xm ?

Thanks Stefano. That helps.

On 6/9/10 8:09 AM, "Stefano Stabellini" <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Vincent, Pradeep wrote:

> Also, was there a compelling reason to move away from the ‘xm’ interface. Obviously ‘xm’ is both an API and an
> implementation and I certainly see the reasons to move away from libxenguest/xend/xm implementation in favor of libxl. But
> was there a reason to opt for a new ‘xl’ API as opposed change the implementation behind the established ‘xm’ API.
>
> Did the ‘xm’ interface (excluding the implementation) fall short of serving the needs ?

We like the 'xm' CLI, in fact we are trying our best to provide a
compatible command line interface with 'xl'.
Ideally you'll be able to symlink xl to xm and everything will still
work. If you find any problem with command line incompatibilities please
let us know, and we'll fix them.

On the other hand if you are speaking about the XML-RPC interface
provided by xend, that is a totally different matter.