Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 in debian packages?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 01:05:16 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:28:43 -0700

Łukasz Oleś wrote:
Hi,

2010/6/3 Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Also does
your package address "blktap2" as Pasi pointed out may be missing?

Actually blktap2 module is available in kernel. Blktap tools are
missing due to openssl license issues.

That is 100% correct, and there's nothing I can do about
the incompatibility of the OpenSSL and the GPL. By the
way, this should also be an issue in the upstream Xen
sources, not only in Debian. I am surprised to see that it
doesn't seem to be an issue for xensource...

If I remember well, the bad clause is about advertising,
where the author of OpenSSL ask that their product name
be written when advertising about the functionalities.

That being said, maybe it would be possible to make a
package for the blktap2 that would go in non-free. I could
also do that work if I get some directions on how to do it,
eg what "upstream" source should I get, and what binary
should I package. That is, if I get enough time after
I get approved as a DD before Squeeze is frozen.

Thomas