Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen/stable-2.6.32.x compilation failure in do_hvm_suspend()

On Thu, 13 May 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 02:07:47PM -0400, chris wrote:
I redid it with oldconfig which I didn't think would help and same
thing. I guess this tree is broken? Can someone else try and see if
they can build it? Ugh, whata day :)

I guess the tree is broken because of the recently added pv-on-hvm driver
support..

Is there a known workaround for this?

That looks like something I found a week or so ago. The current stable-2.6.32.x tree needs CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y (or CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=n). However you can't set this directly, so one of XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND needs to be set to y .

        Michael Young