[Xen-devel] clock_gettime monotonic & realtime swapped?

Hi all,

we are currently having a lot of problems with our virtualized server ( time jumps 73 minutes backwards ). I tried to find out how virtualization affects the clock of the client, so IÂve downloaded the current xen source ( xen-4.0.0 ) and searched all files for "clock".

I donÂt think that this will be the cause of our problems here, but I found an interesting switch - case statement in extras \ mini-os \ lib \ sys.c.

int clock_gettime(clockid_t clk_id, struct timespec *tp)
{
case CLOCK_MONOTONIC:
gettimeofday(&tv, NULL);
break;

case CLOCK_REALTIME:
uint64_t nsec = monotonic_clock();
break;
}

I had expected that CLOCK_MONOTONIC returns monotonic_clock and CLOCK_REALTIME returns gettimeofday().
I hope this was the right place to post this information.

Greetings,
Markus Oberrauter