Re: FW: [Xen-devel] using OCAML xenstored

On 28/05/10 10:51, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:21:47AM +0100, Alex Zeffertt wrote:
In that patchqueue patches 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7 are only needed if you are
compiling the ocaml xenstored to run in a stub domain.  I assume you are
compiling it for dom0 so you probably don't need it.

Regards,

Hmm.. so ocaml xenstored is able to run on a stubdom today?
How about xen tools in dom0.. are they able to deal with that?

Well, we tried this a *long* time ago and it worked then - so no guarantees that it still works!

However, my understanding is that with the patch queue to xen-ocaml-tools.hg applied, and also the small kernel patch queue applied, it should still work. Note the kernel patch queue is required to support either the OCAML or C version of xenstored in a stubdom.

Regards,

Alex

PS If you are going to use the ocaml xenstored in a stubdom then it might be sensible to apply the patch in
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-06/msg00505.html as well