Re: [Xen-devel] xen4.0.0 64 bit boot "panic on cpu 0, crc errror"

  • To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: lei yang <yanglei.fage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:16:45 +0800
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2010 01:17:38 -0700

Hi keir,

Thanks for your input

I just run xen-4.0.0 wit gpxe
and if I compile xen with 32 bit, it works well and if i build it with 64 bit (you can read yesterday email "How to build a 64 bit xen" ), the error happened

and Then I change a machine to boot it with grub,    it(64 bit) works well

any idea?

Lei

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19/05/2010 08:19, "lei yang" <yanglei.fage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> I boot the xen4.0.0 with gpxe and boot xen 32 bit works well
>
> but when I try boot xen 64 bit, the error happens

Have you booted this particular dom0 kernel image successfully on any other
version of Xen and/or any other machine? The failure is because Xen failed
to decompress the kernel image. That could be because of a bad image, or a
bug in Xen's decompressor, or even because Xen managed to corrupt the image
in memory before it got round to decompressing it. It would be nice to at
least discount the possibility of it being merely a bad image.

 -- Keir

--
"We learn from failure, not from success!"