Re: [Xen-devel] Re: config dependency in stable-2.6.32.x

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Thu, 6 May 2010, M A Young wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2010, M A Young wrote:
As manage.c is built if CONFIG_XEN is selected and the do_hvm_suspend code
segment is active if CONFIG_PM_SLEEP (which is on by default) is selected,
this means that the current kernel won't build in this case unless
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y as well to supply the xenbus references.

The attached patch is a quick fix for the problem as
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND can't be set directly. Having done this I get
the error below so it looks like there are some problems with the
XEN_PLATFORM_PCI code (I was building it with CONFIG_XEN_PLATFORM_PCI=m ).

this is due to the newly added pv on hvm support, the root cause of the
issue is that I am working on 2.6.32 and there is no
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND there: xenbus_suspend and xenbus_resume are
implemented in drivers/xen/xenbus/xenbus_probe.c that is always compiled
when CONFIG_XEN is selected.
I think that on pvops "select CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND" needs to be
added to XEN_PLATFORM_PCI rather than to CONFIG_XEN.

That doesn't help you on stable-2.6.32.x if XEN_PLATFORM_PCI=m or =n because the relevant lines in manage.c drivers/xen/manage.c are conditional on CONFIG_XEN and CONFIG_PM_SLEEP, and not on XEN_PLATFORM_PCI .

        Michael Young