Re: [Xen-devel] XenServer and Xen Base

It's probably possible to change the hypervisor, however Xapi(management piece) wont know how to harness the new features.

On 13 May 2010 12:19, Sridhar Kyathsandra <sridharkn.eml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

I'm pretty new to Xen. Infact, this is my first mail. I'm not even sure if this is the right mailing list for me to post this.

Well, I recently read a comment by CTO of Citrix that if Xen Base is the engine, then XenServer is the Car!... Current XenServer runs Xen 3.3.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the engine of the car? that is from Xen 3.3 to Xen 3.4? . This is mainly because to do nicer things Xen 3.4 does compared to Xen 3.3.

If YES (I'm sorry), how?

if NO (sorry again) why?.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards