Re: [Xen-devel] PV on HVM

--On 10 May 2010 15:58:16 +0100 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It should be easy to read the differences because there aren't many
commits on top of the 2.6.32 release, you need all the changes after:

commit 22763c5cf3690a681551162c15d34d935308c8d7
Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed Dec 2 19:51:21 2009 -0800

Indeed. It would help if I had selected the branch correctly
before posting that. Yes there are comparatively few changes.

I am not sure what is the best way for you to integrate these changes on
top of the Ubuntu kernel tree, but it should be possible.
Try disabling the backends in the config file and just enable
CONFIG_XEN, CONFIG_XEN_PLATFORM_PCI and the disk and network frontends.

My worry was in part that it wouldn't patch in, as Ubuntu already
has patches in the tree. That's why I tried to make them
compile as a completely separate module and not rely on any
in-kernel xen stuff. However, now the number of patches are
manageable, this should be doable.

--
Alex Bligh