Re: [Xen-devel] Areca RAID with Xen 3.4 and Linux 2.6.32 dom0

On 05/07/2010 01:54 AM, Florian Wagner wrote:
> Using 3.4.3-rc (http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.4-testing.hg)
> vanilla the system boots.

Good.

> Seems to me that the Debian kernel I'm trying requires the IOAPC stuff
> (and thus hypervisor >=3.4.3) that is mentioned on XenParavirtOps in
> the wiki. Sadly package dependencies on the kernel were not set up to
> require the hypervisor from unstable (which would have been 3.4.3-rc3).

OK, that makes sense.  Legacy interrupts (<16) will be automatically set
up, and that would be enough to get the system into a semi-working
state, but beyond that setup would fail and devices requiring them would
not work.

It would probably be a good idea to put a nice big clear warning message
up to alert people to the problem...