Re: [Xen-devel] Scrubbing free ram

On 04/28/2010 09:35 AM, BEI GUAN wrote:
Hello Keir,

Thank you very much for your reply. As you said, I just change my grub.conf as following. But it also did not work. The screen just stopped when message "(XEN) Dom0 has maximum 4 VCPUs" was printed, which is just before the message "Scrubbing Free RAM:". And then system reboot.

title Xen-4.0 (Linux kernel 2.6.31.13)
    root (hd0,10)
kernel /boot/xen-4.0.gz no-bootscrub dom0_mem=1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
    module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31.13 root=/dev/sda1 ro nomodeset
    module /boot/initrd-2.6.31.13.img

Thank you. Best wishes.

Gavin Guan

I wonder if this is somehow related to similar problem I've been having using pv_ops dom0 2.6.32.10 on my AMD hardware. Finally I was able to track down where it showed BUG: soft lockup on the screen. Nothing seems to get rid of this soft lockup problem. I've been trying various different settings all day.

-Gerry