Re: [Xen-devel] PV kernel boot parameter maxcpus has no effect?

>>> Pasi Kärkkäinen 04/28/10 8:33 AM >>>
>On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:07:36AM +0800, Yuyang Du wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a two-socket (each socket processor has 4 cores) machine, but only
>> want to use one socket processor. I give pv
dom0 boot parameter maxcpus=4, but in fact there is no effect, other cpus 4-7
are still used. Is this a bug or
something?

>You need to give _Xen_ (xen.gz) option dom0_max_vcpus=X

Yes and no - the other scenario also has its use case (i.e. have Dom0 initially
just bring up a subset of the vCPU-s it
has been given).

However, given that the bringing up of secondary CPUs happens from common (even
arch-independent) code, the whole issue
seems a little suspicious - namely what indication he uses to see that there
are more than 4 vCPU-s in use by Dom0.

Jan