Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.0 + 2.6.31.13 pvops kernel : system crashes on starting 155th domU

On 04/27/2010 12:10 PM, Yuvraj Agarwal wrote:
> Dom0 crashes (the network connections are all killed, and I cant log in
> locally on the machine anymore either).

Does it display anything on the console?  Do you have a serial console
setup?

> On another related note it takes a LONG time to start up all these 150
> domains (>20-30mins), and I believe the culprit is the xenstored since it
> has to write the entire xenstore for each domU.

That should be fairly easy to verify with "top" in dom0.

>  We tried to edit to build
> the OCAML version instead which is supposed to be faster (?), but
> xenstored did not start in that case. We edited the Config.mk file to
>
> CONFIG_OCAML_XENSTORED ?= y
>
> We did clean out the "dist" directory and rebuild and reinstall xen, but
> xenstored did not start up. Are we missing obvious?

What happens if you manually start xenstored (before xend)?  Does it
complain, crash, something else?

I think this is a very under-tested configuration, so it wouldn't
surprise me if there are problems with it.