Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot load latest 2.6.32.10 kernel on AMD quad-core

Gerry Reno wrote:
Boris Derzhavets wrote:
There is serial (cable) via RJ45 ( Ethernet). Of course, if it's not your expense.

Boris.

Found a USB-USB null modem cable at usbgear.com but will kernel support this for serial console?

-Gerry
Ok, without a serial port on this machine the best I can do is use a USB-Serial convertor which I realize will not provide BIOS or GRUB messages. To start with I changed the kernel boot line adding: console=ttyUSB0,115200n8 and I setup minicom on the other machine. At first minicom would only give me unreadable characters so I assumed a baud mismatch and began testing other rates. At 57600n8 in minicom I get this:
AT+GCAP
AT+GCAP
AT+GCAP

this is with both the standard lucid kernel and the pv_ops dom0 kernel using console=ttyUSB0,115200n8. Any ideas on how to get more output? And I don't know how to configure xen line to add console or if usb serial console is even possible with xen.

-Gerry