RE: [Xen-devel] event_lock not initialized in the idle domain (permitted actions in a tasklet?)

  • To: "Byrne, John (HP Labs)" <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:45:49 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:50:46 -0700

Well, [prepare_]wait_on_xen_event_channel() makes no sense to call on another
domain, certainly given their current implementation. But
notify_via_xen_event_channel() could, and you could add a domain parameter to
it.

I don't know what dom0 does while the page is paged in? Probably just throws an
error code and carries on? In which case thinking about
[prepare_]wait_on_xen_event_channel() further would not be necessary, as a dom0
code path can just notify on teh channel and carry on its way.

 -- Keir