RE: [Xen-devel] [Question] vcpu-set before or after xen_pause_requested

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Liu, Jinsong writes ("RE: [Xen-devel] [Question] vcpu-set before or
> after xen_pause_requested"):
>> I'm not quite clear your idea. Per my understanding, a new xenstore
>> key name cannot avoid the issue of old key, like timeout value,
>> malfunction guest, ...
>
> How does the current arrangement deal with an attempt to "xm vcpu-set"
> a PV guest which doesn't support that operation ?

Currently if PV guest doesn't support vcpu-hotplug, it then has no xenbus_watch
to related xenstore nodes.
then if attempt 'xm vcpu-set',
1). xend will still write to xenstore nodes with value "online/offline"
/local/domain/domid/cpu/0/availability
/local/domain/domid/cpu/1/availability
/local/domain/domid/cpu/maxvcpus-1/availability
2). PV guest has not any info about xenstore change, and will not be influenced
by 'xm vcpu-set' command;

Thanks,
Jinsong