Re: [Xen-devel] Using xen-netfront in dom0

On 04/19/2010 01:26 AM, Rafal Wojtczuk wrote:
> Is there any reason for this check, besides obviously false assumption
> "nobody needs it in dom0" ? On a related note, there seems to be no such
> check in xen-blkfront.c.
>
> If there are no disadvantages, I would vote for removal of the
> xen_initial_domain() check; otherwise, can we have a module parameter
> "allow_dom0" ?

No, I think its probably fine to remove the check.  Presumably if the
driver is modular it would never get loaded in a normal dom0 case
anyway?  And in the non-modular case, an initialized but unused driver
shouldn't take much memory (and if it does, that should be fixed).