Re: [Xen-devel] New release candidiate for Xen 3.4.3

On 09/04/2010 18:26, "Mike Viau" <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Would be nice to get this out by the end of the month. Please test!
>>
>>  -- Keir
>>

> Will 3.4.3 be the final release for xen 3.4.x?

Probably there will be at least one or two more after 3.4.3.

> Also I understand 3.4.3 works with Xenlinux and PVOPS dom0 kernels just like
> 4.0.0 does. What features are lost or gained by running 3.4.3 as apposed to
> 4.0.0?

Higher physical and virtual cpu limits. RAS features (cpu/memory hotplug).
blktap2 (VHD support, among other things). Xenpaging/memshr (which are
frankly not in shape for production use in 4.0.0). Transcendent memory
(another memory sharing technology). There will be a bunch of other bits and
bobs too.

> Lastly is 3.4.3 considered to be more stable as 4.0.0 is still relativity in
> development?

Yes!

 -- Keir