[Xen-devel] Question on pci-passthrough and event delivery

Hello,

I am using pci-passthrough mechanism in Xen 3.4.2-rc2 to passthrough the only Network Interface Card to a pv driver domain.

I have observed in xentrace output, that everytime a network packet arrives, the Xen hypervisor delivers an event to the driver domain and to dom0. I would think, that it is not neccassary to inform dom0, since only the driver domain has access to the NIC.

Why is the interrupt from the NIC delivered to dom0 via an event, too? Is it neccassary for pciback in dom0?

regards,

Thomas