RE: [Xen-devel] New DMAR errors in Xen 4.1

Weidong Han wrote:
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>> On 04/06/2010 03:38 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>>
>>> I'm seeing DMAR errors with current Xen-unstable, which weren't
>>> there in -rc8 (-rc9?):
>>>
>>> Device 0:1f.2 is my SATA controller.  I haven't tried bisecting it
>>> or anything yet; I don't see any recent changes which are obviously
>>> relevant though.
>>>

>> It turns out its... "Enable debug=y by default in the build."  So I
>> guess these errors have been happening silently thus far?

> I don't encounter this issue. These DMAR fault messages will be
> printed even when debug=n. what platform are you using? could you
> post complete booting log with "iommu=verbose"?

Hi Jeremy,
My first thought is: the checking of the 2 "if" statements in
iommu_set_dom0_mapping() might be buggy.
Please comment them out to see if the error messages will disappear -- if the
msgs do disappear, we need to find out why the checking causes the issue.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan