Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub boot problems

On 04/06/2010 02:25 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
M A Young, le Tue 06 Apr 2010 10:55:30 +0100, a écrit :
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Samuel Thibault wrote:

M A Young, le Mon 05 Apr 2010 19:05:33 +0100, a écrit :
Yes, I have applied that and the patch you posted just before it and it
fixes the crash issue if there is no frame buffer. The boot still fails
for me because of the gzip issue but it didn't get that far previously
with this setup.
The gzip issue?  Is your kernel really a gzip file, not something else?
(like bz2 or such).
Yes, the older style for xen kernels, still used for some guests such as
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5, is to have a gzipped vmlinux executable.
Xen support for bzimage style kernels is relatively recent.
The problem with compression and crashes when using the fb should be
fixed by my latest patch (Fix crash on frontend shutdown failures)

I applied both, but something is still amiss. Just commenting out the two frees allowed the domain to start, but the kernel started printing messages about the page state of various processes being bad.

After applying your two most recent patches (reverting the commented-out free_pages first), the domain seems to boot, but then hangs at some point early.

Disabling vfb still works fine.