Re: [Xen-devel] Checksumming problem in pv_ops dom0 kernel / netback

S.H. Verbrugge wrote:
Ever since we switched to a pv_ops dom0 kernel (we were using 2.6.26 xenkernel from Debian repo before, with Xen 3.2), we started to have some problems when attempting to route packets on a domU.

     I'm having the same problem.  All TCP packets that are forwarded
through a domU are somehow getting a static checksum (0x9e85) just as
they're being put out on the wire.  ICMP is dropped by the dom0, as you
describe, with the "Attempting to checksum a non UDP/TCP packet" message
in dmesg.  More detail about my situation is in my post to xen-users, here:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-03/msg00846.html

     It doesn't include a solution, though.

This is a tg3 interface

     I'm also running the tg3 ethernet driver, which may be of
significance.

--
Scott Garron