Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen PCI passthrough wiki page created

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:00:00AM -0300, Sergio Charpinel Jr. wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I didnt find any information about that.
>    Is possible to passthrough a PCI card in a HVM with PV drivers domU
>    without Intel VT-d ?
>    Thanks.

Unfortunately no.
HVM guest even with PV-on-HVM drivers is still HVM guest and thus required an
IOMMU (VT-d).

There's unofficial hack (extra patch) that allows Xen PCI passthrough to
*first* started HVM guest,
and only to that guest.. you're on your own with that patch.. it can be found
from xen-devel archives.

-- Pasi