Re: [Xen-devel] domU guest for xcp 0.1.1

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 14:23 +0000, Ritu kaur wrote:
> Thanks Ian, could you please clarify me how are interrupts handled for
> pci passthrough device. I thought it is delivered via evtchn from
> pciback to pcifront i.e
> InterruptDescTable->Hypervisor->pciback->pcifront->actual_device is
> this correct?

Yes, but not on the event channel you found previously, there is a
separate one for each device IRQ.

> IRQ is 11 in dom0 for nic device but after driver for nic is loaded in
> domU IRQ is changed to 17.

That's expected, there isn't really any relationship between the IRQ
assignment in the guest and domain 0.

>  When you say try with another device should I try with another nic
> device or someother device?

Any device which doesn't share an IRQ with another, it doesn't really
matter what sort of device it is. NICs are often a convenient choice
since they are relatively easy to confirm they are working.

Ian.