Re: [Xen-devel] Xen VGA graphics passthru wiki page

Hi Sergey and Pasi,

AMD RD-890 series chipset should be the first desktop chipsets to support an
IOMMU,
if and which server chipsets also support it i don't know.

Good to know it seems to work ok, was considering to purchase that platform as
well.

Sergey, what specific brand/type mobo do you use ?

--

Sander

Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 5:45:04 PM, you wrote

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 01:24:09PM +0300, Sergey Tovpeko wrote:
>> Good idea, about wiki!
>>
>> I'm experimenting with AMD (Six-Core Opteron CPU, RD890 Chipset) with
>> NVIDIA 8400 GS.
>> All i did were
>> * set 1:1 mapping between vBar and pBar
>> * load nvidia's VGA BIOS from the binary file, flushed with nvflash.exe
>> utility.
>>

> Could you send the extra patches you used? Or was it the old patch from the
> xen-devel archives? iirc vBar=pBar stuff still requires additional patch.

>> And the video works in guest, i didn't see any special ussues related to
>> IOMMU-part.
>>
>> And i didn't see any mail, complaining that AMD hardware doesn't work
>> with GFX passthrough.

> Ok. I have to update the wiki page.
> Do you know what other available AMD chipsets support IOMMU?

> -- Pasi

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just created this wiki page:
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenVGAPassthrough
>>>
>>> Feel free to add/edit to make it better!
>>>
>>> I haven't tested VGA passthru myself (yet), so there might be some
>>> not-so-accurate information there.
>>>
>>> -- Pasi

Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx