Re: [Xen-devel] A clocksource question

Hi,

i think i have the same Dom0 Problems as Joanna.

My setup is:
Xen 4.0.0-rc3-pre with some GFX-Passthrough Patches (btw: works great!)
with "vtd=1 dom0_max_vcpus=6 iommu=pv" as cmdline for xen

Dom0 Kernel is currently 2.6.33 using rebased Opensuse xen-patches (xen-
patches-2.6.33-1)

I also get - a slightly different - hrtimer message , but only in my Dom0 (as i
have only Windows HVM as DomU)

"hrtimer: interrupt took 2951458 ns"

This message seems to appear when my DomU is booting.

"clocksource=jiffies" as Dom0-Parameter doesn't help.
"max_cstate=0" as xen Parameter doesn't seem to help either.
The Patch from http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-
devel/2010-03/msg00570.html doesn't seem to help.

My "Hiccups" occur - felt - "randomly", they take from 1 up to 5 seconds (not
messured, more felt) and the only thing moving on the screen during that is
the mouse pointer. If it weren't for the moving pointer one could think the
Maschine is completly frozen.

The "Hiccups" are ONLY in the Dom0, its even so that i can perfectly work in
the DomU, even when one of these long-term-hiccups occur.

That all just in case another "affected" system my help you in your analsysis
of this strange behaviour.

Tell me if i can help testing.

Greetings
Tobias

P.S.: Sorry for the non-threaded Follow-up, but i just subscribed to the
list...