Re: [Xen-devel] A clocksource question

On 03/11/2010 01:07 AM, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
>> Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 62752834 ns)
>> hrtimer: interrupt too slow, forcing clock min delta to 412700358 ns
>>
>>> I don't remember if 3.4.2 ended up with tsc emulation, but if it does
>>> you might try enabling it.
>>>

>> TSC emulation? But I'm running only PV guests. Not sure what do you
>> mean
>> by this, or how to enable it?
>
> I don't think there is any TSC emulation (or more properly "rdtsc emulation")
> in 3.4.x, certainly not without a special Xen boot option.
>
> The TSC delta is troubling...

Actually I'm getting this also when booting Dom0 (pvops 2.6.31.6-based)
with clocksource=jifffies:

Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 62528016 ns)

But, there are not visible problems like kbd hiccup or process
scheduling in VM (besides wallclock drift in Dom0 which is annoying).

> if you hadn't said you had turned
> off all power management, I would have guessed a problem with
> C-state management.  Maybe Xen is discovering some power management
> capability not visible in BIOS settings?

I'm not very much of an ACPI expert, so if there are any output I can
send, just let me know.

j.